Saturday, October 1, 2011

October 1st is already here



Can't believe how quickly we have reached October. And truthfully not sure how I feel about that. I love fall colors and crisp air. Kids seem to be settling into their school schedules, but I'm not settling in. I had hoped and planned to spend this October quite differently. Yet, here I am ... and am gearing up to face our loss head on. A sweet friend reminded me the other day that God never wastes tragedy or sorrow. I still have days where I want to crawl in bed and cry all day and I need to let myself go there from time to time, but I also need to get up and speak up when God calls. And yes, God is calling. I have spent a few days contacting doctors and clinics and even visiting nurses at a few birth centers to deliver information about the upcoming Stillbirth Summit hosted in Bloomington, MN by Star Legacy Foundation. I will spend several days with some wonderful people this week at this summit. And next weekend I will be surrounded by other baby loss moms at a Memorial held in Red wing, MN.

Later this month is my 38th birthday, so I have decided to give myself a present ... Allen will probably be glad to hear it costs $0.00. I have joined NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). A daily blogging challenge, with a prompt or a word to get the creative juices flowing. This month’s prompt:
BETWEEN
Autumn is between the two temperature extremes of summer and winter. It's a time when nature is shifting . Coming and goings, first and last: between is never the extreme, but a blend of two worlds.


On the BlogHer website they asked: "So what are you between this month?" But I'll save that for another post on another day

Between: NaBloPoMo October 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment